Tuesday 28 October 2014

It is raining cats and dogs ...

I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but it is raining so hard here that we can't see our nice view and it's cold and windy too.  However I have a pot of soup simmering, fresh bread made and it's warm inside, so what is happening outside doesn't really matter.

We are well into Autumn now and the temperatures are dropping, so I thought I would try and find some free knitting and crochet patterns.  These are what I came up with.



This one looks so warm and it uses some broomstick crochet, so I don't think it will take long.  Pattern here.


This one is knitted and I love the handwarmers. Pattern here.


Another crochet one and I like the lace type stitch towards the bottom.  Pattern here.

I have never knitted or crocheted a big garment like a jumper, but if I had the patience this jacket would be superb.

Pattern here.

The patterns on the Garnstudio (Drops yarn ) site are really nice and very modern too.  I have only bought their cotton yarn so far and am looking forward to trying some of their wool and alpaca soon.

I bought the cotton yarn from a company called Love Knitting.  Their site is very good and the order got dispatched the next day, but for some reason it took over a week to get from the UK to me.  They send the order for free if you spend over €50, so you save quite a bit on postage, if you can make up a big order.

The Drops alpaca yarn is on special at 25% off  until 31/12/2014 and some of the range is available from Love Knitting.  The alpaca yarn is also available from Winniethewoolwagon.com (in Ireland) and Woolwarehouse.co.uk (in UK).


Well I hope it is not too cold where you are and this gives you some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.