Monday 4 May 2015

Summer Scarf

Some time ago I was looking for a yarn that had no wool in it, to make a scarf for my Mum.  There wasn't much available in my local yarn shop due to it being Winter and Winter means wool in Ireland.  I bought a ball of King Cole Opium Palette, because  I really liked the colours and the way the variations in the colours made stripes as you worked with it.

Here is the result of the shade that I bought for myself.


The yarn is half cotton and half polyester.  It has thick and thin pieces so is very light when knitted, but surprisingly warm.
 

This second photo shows the texture that you get and some of the colours in shade 1394 rich fruits.  I used size 6mm knitting needles, cast on 20 stitches and knit every row.

I think I will get a lot of wear out of it.  There are various other shades available and plain colours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.