Friday 27 February 2015

Crochet Granny Chevron Blanket TaDah!

 

Well I can hardly believe I am writing this - I have finished another blanket!  This is a granny chevron blanket.  I used the basic stitch pattern from 200 Crochet Stitches book (which is very good) x 7 repeats, which made the finished blanket 120cm (47") wide without the edging.

I used Stylecraft Special DK in Silver, Burgundy, Plum, Grape, Clematis, Teal, Lime, Meadow, Spring Green, Aster, Denim and Turquoise.

I really liked the granny chevron stitch, as you get the chevron shape without having to count the stitches all the time (I have had disasters with wave type stitches in the past).


The edging is 5 rows of double crochet (single crochet in the US) and the final row is from Attic24's Granny Stripe blanket here.

I have made 2 blankets in 2 months, but I don't think I can keep that pace up, as there are lots of smaller things I want to try.

LoveKnitting have a great special offer at the moment - FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING until 28 February.  I have used them several times and the service is excellent.  So stock up for your next project quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.